Friday, December 17, 2010

There really is no good reason

Jennie and Kyle
... to not have blogged over the past four months - other than the usual business of life,  Well, that and keeping up with friends and family on Facebook, rather than posting here.  So I'm acting on a decision to get a move on and post here as often as possible - maybe not daily, but certainly I can manage a weekly of post.

We have a new member of the family - Jennie!  She and Kyle were married in October.  Here is the happy couple.

A few weeks ago, I presented a demonstration at the Kishwaukee Valley Art League's December meeting.  My topic was "Encaustic Painting and Collage".  It was the first time I'd done such a demo for my art friends in a public setting.
dipping paper into hot wax
working on a ceramic tile

Today I plan to finish up my section of a Traveling Artist Journal.  Our journal was started by fellow FusedChicago artist, Jenny Learner.  So far we have the artwork of Jackie Hefty (owner of Whispering Woodlands) and Bridgette Guerzon Mills.  Over the weekend I'll add some photos of my journal pages.  Time to get back to work on it so I can get it to Jenny this weekend.


No comments: