Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year to all! 2008 promises to be another wonderful year of art opportunities!

My plans include doing art everyday - being more productive by using the vast array of materials I already have rather than being seduced into buying more! I set a goal to enter 4 shows at the Next Picture Show gallery - the call for entries has Regional Art Survey 4 (any media and subject); Sculpture, Clay, and Fiber (fabric, fiber, paper???); the Nuts about Art outdoor show in July; and then the I am Woman show in August. That's about 16 different pieces. I need to get moving!

I kept busy during winter break with some painting and mixed media art - photos should follow by the weekend. My printer/scanner decided to die, so I haven't been able to do all that I wanted with digital media, but that should change by the weekend. Just bought an Epson printer/copier/scanner today at CompUSA as the Rockford store is closing by the end of the month. It was a decent deal, so maybe by tomorrow evening I'll have it set up and ready to go.

Last week on yet another trip to Rockford, I discovered a rather new contemporary art gallery
on State Street between downtown and Alpine: Golan Lieberman Gallery. I met the artist co-owner, Roni Golan, who was there working on his computer and practicing his flute. His work is simply amazing and he is a delight to talk to.

Friday brings another exhibition opening at The Next Picture Show Gallery . I don't have any work there this time, but friends do, so I'll be there to celebrate along with them!

Vacation has ended! Time to sleep! I am looking forward to seeing the preschoolers tomorrow (and keeping my fingers crossed that everyone's now an independent user of the toilet!)

No comments: