Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I'm waiting to hear if any of these paintings will be accepted in the Venus Envy show to be held at the Bucktown Center for the Arts in Davenport, IA during May 2008. I sent off a CD of the work along with my artist statement a few days ago. Now it's time to wait for the response!


This is "Ayla's Cave", a highly textured 16" x 20" acrylic painting. I used etched deep lines into molding paste and added layers of trasparent fluid acrylics to build up a depth of color. I also used Golden's Garnet Gel tinted with Burnt Orange to add a gritty, rusty texture. The center area is painted and distressed brown paper with sketched charcoal images suggesting the cave drawings found in southern France.



The black, red, and gold framed piece is a 14" x 18" collage of paper, acrylic paint, and fabric. I used hot glue to provide the texture of curved, raised lines. The center image is a figure from Chinese





These last two painting, "Mardi Gras" and "Oceanids" have been described in early posts.

No comments: