Saturday, September 08, 2007

Today's been one of those unexpectedly busy days in which I didn't get any art work done, but I indulged myself with two "gifts". One was a 2 1/2 hour nap this afternoon that I didn't know I needed! I thought I would get up after 20 minutes, but I was zapped, so I thought, what does it matter - sleep!

The other gift was the arrival of two books I ordered through Amazon, so I spent time after the nap reading Acrylic Revolution by Nancy Reyner. This is one amazing book for anyone using acrylic paints, mediums, and gels in their work. I was familiar with some of the tips and techniques, but this spiral-bound book that opens flat for easy reading and reference has many techniques that I've admired in other artists' work, but didn't know how to accomplish. So, now before I go to bed, I'll be prepping some 16" x 20" canvases for play tomorrow.

The other book that arrived today is Simple Soldered Jewelry & Accessories: A Crafter's Guide to Fashioning Necklaces, Earrings, Bracelets & More by Lisa Bluhm. That one will be perused in bed later tonight. (My usual routine is to bring a magazine like Quilting Arts, Cloth, Paper, Scissors, or Somerset Studio, or a book to bed, read until it drops from my hands as I doze off, then laugh, turn of the light, roll over, and go to sleep.)

Tomorrow morning is the weekly meeting of the Sunday morning art group that convenes at a local Starbucks (still nameless after months and months of meeting!) I'll bring the above- mentioned books to share as well as the package of journal pages from a recent CPS swap. What a wonderful array of 10 pages from some talented artists in the group!

No comments: